What is fringe rot
The Fringe is the weakest part of the rug.
Over a period of time, all fringes become worn from foot traffic, pets , vacuum cleaners and off the shelf products.
Chemical washing of rugs accelerates the deterioration of cotton fringes becoming broken and loose.
Prevention Of Fringe Rot
In my experience fringe rot is going to happen to all rugs prevention will only slow the process down.
Here are a couple of tips to help
- fold your rug fringes under the body of the rug
- do not vacuum the fringes
- dont use off the shelf products to clean the fringes
- be careful when mopping round your rugs not to come into contact with the rug
- rinse any products used on the fringes
If in doubt call the professionals
Ask The Experts
If you have any questions regarding the cleaning of your rug feel free to ask us